Saturday, July 31, 2010

Jacqui-E: Fitting Room Review





 Jo Jo Knit Dresss in Bark/Sleet ($119.95) 
Top part of this dress was a lovely stretchy t-shirt jersey, with a fully lined cotton skirt that fell just below the knee.  The waistband was also cotton with very little stretch, providing the dress with a little bit of structure.  I went into this store speifically to purchase this dress with a credit that I had.  Unfortunately the waist just hit wrongly for me, and the cap sleeves nailed the last one in for me - this dress was a not coming home.
Unknown (and hideous!) top ($89.95)
I have no idea why I picked this top to try with the skirt, but it was purely just to try the skirt. This top is 100% designed for small chests.  But on me?  I have no words to say.  Actually, yes I do.  Hideous.

Now onto more pleasant times, the Animal Raa-Raa Skirt.  I took a size too big, as it was the only one they had, and I would have to say that this is TTS.  The ruffles are slightly pleated in appearance, and fall in such a complimentary way.  I have no idea what is happening to the skirt shot online by Jacqui E - very blurry!   I loved this skirt so much, I had the SA arrange a hold in another store. Love!
  




 Lily Ruffle Top in Eggplant ($79.95)

The newfound adoration of Jacqui-E continued with these little numbers. 
Both found a new home - my wardrobe!
 The Lily Ruffle top came in two colours, both the purple and a pale ivory.  Both are gorgeous, and I may have to return to bring an ivory home.  Completely sheer, the top is designed to have a Cami underneath.  A collarless open neckline gives way to some understated ruffles, and the gentle flutter sleeves top it off.  The skirt is also lovely - straight skirt topped off with a flat lying ruffle on the front and a elastic waistband makes it very versatile - adjusting on high or low waists.

Milly Animal Chiffon Hem Cardigan ($59.95 was $89.95)
I actually had been contemplating buying this at full price a couple of months ago, but couldn't really justify yet another cardi for $90 - but at the sale price I snapped it up. The colour appears different in the photos, but it is closer to grey than lavender, with a lovely soft black as the print contrast.  Finished off with a sheer black chiffon ruffle on the hem, it perfectly covers my 'bump zone' when wearing jeans or pants.  TTS and I highly recommend at sale price.


Disc Black Glass Bead Necklace ($29.95)
Long silver chain that can be looped for double strand effect or worn long.
Black Glass flat discs are randomly grouped together at different intervals.
Really, really pretty.  Really, really overpriced.  Really, really loved it.
But I'll save my pennies, because it really isn't worth the price tag.

(edit:  I went back the next day and bought this - yeah, yeah, I know. Let's not tell hubs what I paid for such a simple necklace hey? It will be our little secret ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)