Monday, July 5, 2010

Lady Liberty, how do I love thee ...


This one goes out to all my american friends - 
Happy 4th of July!

  In honour of your special day, I themed my outfit all around you (lets face it - who doesn't love dress ups?) Yep, I have it all - red, white and blue.  

Oh and did I mention corn?  For whatever reason, when I think of the good ole US, I think of southern plantations, Lady Liberty, fireworks and corn - and not necessarily in that order :p   
We had corn on the cob by the boatload - smothered in butter and garlic salt YUM!

 


I actually had a different top on to start with, but the day was starting to really warm up - you know those days - I just couldn't decide, I spent ten minutes dithering, but in the end I headed out sans top. 

But after seeing the photo's, I'll have to do the first version again some time.  I love how it completely changed the dress into a skirt.

Here is both the before and after :)




Top - Giordano
Cardigan - Jacqui E
Dress - Laura Ashley
Belt - Jacqui E
Shoes - Steven Madden
   Bracelet - Diva Necklace wrapped                             

3 comments:

  1. That was sweet of you. What a good friend you are!
    You look classy, btw. That length of skirt is very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look perfect for the 4th of july celebrations! what a cute dress.

    http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy - Thanks! Hope you had a great day! Did you recognise this dress from a certain Chanel shopping trip in Sydney? :) I think you might of told me at the time that I had to wear it on the blog :)

    Diya - Thanks :) I'll have to pop over and say hi!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! :)