Monday, July 19, 2010

Fitting Room Reviews

After loving the fitting room reviews of so many bloggers, I thought I might as well start putting my own Australian ones up here.  I already take fitting room photo's along with the a picture of the tag, so that I can dither in private as to whether I really do like or dislike the outfit.  Plus I use the photo's to make a shopping mall 'wishlist' complete with clothing photograph and the numbers and sale amount :)  Without further ado, here are some recent trips:

Witchery Fitting Room Review


When I saw the Ruffled Drape Skirt ($99.95) on the hanger, I wasn't really expecting much, but boy was I wrong!  It is a beautiful shell colour that would blend in with most wardrobe colour schemes and I found that this skirt runs TTS (this is a size AUS14).  Online it does come in both the shell and black, but I could only find the shell instore  and unfortunately is dry-clean only but you might if careful, get away with a gently handwash.the layers are unusual because they actually loop down and back up to a central flat back panel, while sitting over a fairly straight skirt which is exposed on the hip area.  So while it may appear to have pockets, this is actually the straight skirt underneath.  Would also work well on a windy day - no problems here!  love, love, love - the shell is top of my spring must-haves, (and even considering getting the black online!)

The Printed Silk Cap Sleeve Shirt on the other hand, was a total let down.  I tried the flesh print (also comes in midnight) which was a gorgeous nude with a darker flesh tone subtle pebble print - the material is a pure silk that is just lovely to touch.  But it completely washed me out and when not tucked into the skirt it hit me awkwardly dead on my hips.  If I had a tan and another 6 inches of height - I'd be adding this in a heart beat, but won't be coming home with me :(

Jacqui-E  Fitting Room Review

Another suprising find, the Barbara Shirt Dress is such a figure flattering dress for us curvy gals :)  I couldn't pop the online catalogue photo on here, but it can be seen on the link above.  Made in a cotton/elastane blend, it is both stretchy and structured, and sits fairly high waisted - between an empire and a natural waist - with a wellmade belt covered in the same fabric.  An inverted pleat falls from the waist (which has a flattening (and flattering!) illusion on the lower tummy area.  Length wise is dead on the knee's and skirt is fully lined. Up top, three button and a cap sleeve finish the dress off.  I really loved this dress, but the style wasn't for me at the moment - it had a much more of a work/corporate-casual feel to it.  But might be wishlisted come sale time!


Lastly,  I grabbed the Jerri Utility Skirt ($129.00) in stone along with a top that isn't listed online but I think that it may be the asymetrical bib top ($59.95).  The fit of the skirt may run a little large, if you are in-between, I would definately size down.  The hem hit my kneecaps and was a stretchy and soft cotton/elastane blend which I have a feeling would wear really well throughout the day.  But, nothing about the skirt really jumped out at me.  I will have to revisit this one during saletime.

Also, have to say, I had a wonderful SA who was so helpful, even pulling out stock that hadn't been put out yet.  Plenty more reviews to come.  Along with a few OOTD that I am behind on, and are starting to pile up on my camera/iphone.





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)