Sunday, August 15, 2010

Five years of strength worn down with one disarming smile


This dress, which when it fit me perfectly, was hardly ever worn.  Now that its a little too big, I'm wearing it as my default 'need to get dressed, but feel like jeans' look.  Combined with my flats and my tiffany key, I'm set to go on a very special shopping trip with my daughter, along with a few errands around town.
 
Do you remember your first pet?

Mine was a chow-chow - a beautiful fluffy dog with a blue tongue named Kieko. Man, I loved that dog.
My poor mum though, had no choice in the matter - after saying no to my many plea's of pet ownership, my dad took it upon himself to right the injustice and brought a little 'suprise' home for us!  

Didn't take long though to win over Mum's heart <3




Somehow, I seem to find myself in the same position as my poor harried mother ... constantly saying no to another mouth in the house.  Until Grace finally used this line on me ... "Mummy, I have lots of love in my heart and I really want to share it with a special friend ... please can I have a gold fish?"
So here we are, leaving to go purchase our first pet - I give you, the ruffle girls ;)


The 'doll on a stick' is from the ekka (State Fair) that we went to earlier in the week.  I have started a post about the Ekka trip but somehow haven't gotten around to posting it.  I will have to do that this afternoon (I'll add it to my to-do list. Right after I drop my camera off for a service, but before any housecleaning is done.  Priorities right?)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)