Friday, August 27, 2010

Confessional

I have a confession to make. Over the past nine months or so, I have been devouring blogs every morning with my coffee, to the point where I actually set my alarm to 5:30am so that I can spend the time, peacefully child-free and indulging in pure unadualtered lust and envy of some blogs of a certain nature.

Anthropologie.  Kim at Anthroholic was my first find, followed swiftly (I believe it took maybe 5 mins) by Maria at Infinite Whimsy.  Then came morning staples such as Effortless Anthropologie, Love at First Shop, Have a Cute Day, You, Me & Anthropolgie as they each took a place in my morning ritual.  Recently I have also fallen for Musings by Jacquelyn , Princessof TaylorSimply Cindi and Square Peg for Anthro (among others).  So with my newfound Anthro devotion, came the knowledge that it was not going to happen for me.  To start with, they didn't ship to Australia.  Then came the international update, Australia had made the cut!  But, as luck would have it, the site didn't allow most of the popular items, and none from the sales.  So, like the masochist I am, I continued the not-so-discreet affair, and I found love in dress after dress, skirt after skirt, and cardi after cardi.  All of which, were not coming home to me.

Then I discovered viaddress.com.  The lovely people there gave me a US address for shipping, and would hold onto my purchases and consolidate them when I requested and ship over to the land Down Under.  So I started shopping the restricted US Anthro site.  And wow did the the price-tags hurt, even before I start calculating the exchange rate with a dull ache in my heart, and thats not taking into account the international shipping rates.  But then, I discovered thanks to a guest post on Roxy's blog, how to circumnavigate Anthro's international shipping policies.  And then I discovered the internet sale times.  My heart started to flutter.  Finally, Kim started Anthroholic Shopper.  Thats right.  A shopping service directed at me.  My heart took flight and soared.  My husbands' nosedived.

Well, today people, is the day.  My first consolidated shipment has arrived.  My heart was racing, I was actually squealing when Hubs asked, "Do you have anything from Fedex coming?" (Silly man, what do you think I have been tracking obsessively for the past four days as I watched it transit the globe)

I. Have. No. Words.

Just a great big grin on my face.  No doubt you will see a few Anthro pieces pop on up here very soon.

But until then I leave you with ....

The shoes that started the obsession.  Picture-Perfect Clogs.


They are clogs.  
They are soft, soft.
They are the perfect neutral taupe.  
They have flowers.
  

They are mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)